In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace, and security.
In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military, and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self
Few people realize that:
- The Auxiliary and the Legion are often centers for community and civic activities in Mid-America, and provide a focal point for citizens' involvement.
- The Auxiliary raises more than $18 million every year and reinvests those funds in VA medical centers and community programs.
- Thousands of hours are devoted to crime prevention programs, instructing children, the elderly and the general public on safety, crime prevention and protection within the community.
- Auxiliary volunteers are the backbone of assistance in the 171 VA Medical Centers.
- They not only provide diversion and entertainment for patients, but assist the hospital staff in physical and psychological therapy, clerical and many other duties that would otherwise cost American taxpayers millions of dollars.
- The Auxiliary deals with issues such as drug and alcohol abuse, missing and abused children, teen suicide and teen pregnancy. Its services touch the lives of all Americans directly or indirectly.
- More than 20 nationwide programs receive support and financial aid from the American Legion Auxiliary.
American Legion Auxiliary
Department of Arkansas
P.O. Box 1010, Little Rock, AR, 72203
1415 West 7th Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501) 374-5836 | Fax: (501) 372-0855